Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Poem

Thoughts in the Night

So exhausted, I can barely type
But I feel unsettled, unsure
The world stretching out in this open expanse
all I want to do
Is roll over,
Close my eyes,
And hide under the safety of darkness
Sometimes I wonder about running
Far, far
Away
But other times I feel safe in the tiny
Small world I live in
Unsure of where to go
Who to be
I slip into the quiet
Of another dream


Summer is so peaceful and relaxing, yet I'm often anxious just the same. I'm beginning to feel I can never escape this ridiculous cycle of nerves.  I mean, I'm extremely tired right now but can't even begin to fall asleep. Thus, I've found myself thinking all sorts of stressful thoughts and surfing the web, though the glare of this screen is only furthering my problems. Ugh, I truly need to work on this. Can I escape the confines of my own mind? Let's hope so.
Anyway, here are a couple pictures from today:

No comments:

Post a Comment