Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Rain and Spring Cupcakes

Splashing in puddles never gets old. I can see myself now as a decrepit ninety-five year old, hopping out of my wheelchair on every rainy day. Something about the satisfying splash and the spray of muddy, spring water drenching my legs is enticing time and time again. In fact, I was having a horrible day today, until I got to splash outside in some puddles. You see, the track distance team (of which I am a part of), happened to be the only team dumb hardcore enough to practice outside in the horrible weather this afternoon. We quickly turned it into a puddle-splashing opportunity, though. Sure, I may have smelled like rotting worms and mildew by the time I got home… and yes, my socks made an awkward squishing noise as I walked inside, but it was still entirely worth it. Mud and dirt aside, jumping in the rain is something no one can regret.
Why I felt like writing about puddles, I’m not really sure. The funniest little things can make or break my day. My entire morning was filled with self pity and complaining, followed by an afternoon of even more whining. Yet something as simple as skipping around in puddles of rain entirely fixed it. Who knows? I’m an odd duckling.
On a similar note, I really wanted to post a picture of these cupcakes as well, which also improved my day immensely. Since I’ve been into baking and cooking lately, trying to recreate adorable cupcakes is part of my weekly routine. So when I attempted to make some flower cupcakes from the What’s New, Cupcake? book a couple weeks ago, and they actually turned out beautiful (if I do say so myself!), it made my week. Actually, my month. I’m still getting happiness out of it. They’re so cute and simple! All you need is marshmallows, patience, and a little sister to help put sprinkles on EVERY single marshmallow piece.
So there you have it. The recipe to happiness is simple: Spring rain and cute cupcakes. Animal crackers couldn't hurt either..

No comments:

Post a Comment